Lucis® is the trade name for Differential Hysteresis Processing, a patented image enhancement process originally developed to enhance detail in scanning electron microscope images.
Lucis® quickly, easily, and accurately reveals indiscernible image information that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to view. Save time and achieve improved image-processing.
Using just one slider, Lucis effectively enhances images with a mix of high-contrast and low-contrast areas and/or incorrect exposure.
Lucis reveals detail throughout the image- simultaneously in the bright, dark and mid-range contrast areas.
Lucis is straightforward to use and very flexible in terms of how it transforms pixels. You choose how to best present the digital content in your image. Enhance the smallest contrast variations (detail), the largest contrast variations (features) or mid-range contrast variations (patterns).
LucisArt 3 has two versions, LucisArt 3 ED (Enhance Detail) and LucisArt 3 ED/SE (LucisArt 3 ED bundled with LucisArt 3 SE (Special Effects)).
LucisArt 3 ED provides greatly increased ability to fine-tune how you enhance detail. LucisArt 2 had 12 settings to enhance detail (7 settings for the effect Exposure and 5 settings for the effect Whyeth). LucisArt 3 ED provides a slider that you can alter in increments of 2 intensity levels. That is 125 settings for an 8-bit image, and these settings include the LucisArt 2 Exposure and Whyeth settings.
LucisArt 3 SE gives you the LucisArt 2 Special Effects Winslow, Sculpture, and Plaid. Winslow is a watercolor effect, Sculpture enhances contrast patterns in the image, and Plaid also enhances contrast patterns but adds texture (radial lines).
(LucisArt 3 ED, LucisArt 3 ED/SE, Lucis Pro 6.0, and the now obsolete LucisArt 2).
Other LucisArt 3 Product Improvements:
1) User-defined presets. Easily save, name, rename and organize your favorite LucisArt 3 settings.
2) Greatly improved output image quality. LucisArt processing is very computationally intensive. Each pixel is compared to every other pixel along hundreds of radial lines called scan lines. The number of scan lines has been doubled for LucisArt 3. So you will see fewer or no radial artifacts for most LucisArt 3 settings. This is particularly important for the LucisArt 3 SE effects.
3) An improved, scalable user interface. The User Interface opens to the same size it was when you used it last. It also has improved zoom controls.
4) Process huge images. LucisArt processing is very computationally intensive. Now you can process up to 4 GB images.
5) Expanded operating system compatibility. Intel Macintosh compatible. Windows XP and Vista 32-bit and 64-bit operating system compatible. Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop Elements 7 compatible.LucisArt 3 processes 8-bit grayscale and RGB color images. The Macintosh LucisArt 3 requires an Intel Macintosh computer with OS 10.5 or higher.